If you want to improve your home or office’s indoor air quality, we offer several solutions. Adding equipment to your existing heating and cooling system can help with regulating humidity as well as reducing allergens, pet dander, dust, mold, bacteria and static electricity.
A whole-house humidifier can increase your comfort, reduce allergens, alleviate static shocks and even help lower your heating bills. People feel most comfortable when the indoor humidity level is between 30% and 50%. Running the heater during Iowa’s cold winter months can lower the relative humidity inside your home to 15% or even lower. The average relative humidity in the Sahara Desert is 25%, so that means the air in your home can get drier than the desert.
Dry air also causes discomforts like itchy skin, irritated nasal passages and static electricity. Even your home’s furnishings can be affected, such as wood furniture or hardwood floors that can dry up and separate at the seams.
Properly humidified indoor air will raise the humidity level to about 35-55%. Air with more humidity feels warmer, so you’ll feel more comfortable at a lower temperature. This will allow your furnace to run less and use less energy.
Several Capacities and Delivery Methods Available
Clean the air in your entire home or business with a whole house air purifier. There are several types of whole building air purifiers, including flat filters, extended media filters, electronic filters, ultraviolet (UV) filters and LED filters. Aspen Aire Heating and Cooling can evaluate your home or commercial building’s air quality and purification needs and then recommend the best solution.
Replaceable LED; Mercury and Ozone Free; Long Lasting; Reduces Contaminants in the Air and on Surfaces
Ultraviolet (UV) light has been used to sanitize equipment for more than 100 years. UV light has been shown to kill viruses, mold and even antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Germicidal UV light is used for sterilization in restaurants, hospitals and even grocery stores.
In HVAC systems, UV lights may be referred to as germicidal, purifying, sterilization or sanitizing lights. They are located either near the indoor coil or inside the return air ducts. UV germicidal lights kill bacteria, mold, fungus, germs and other microbes that can aggravate allergies and asthma, cause musty odors in the home and even clog the HVAC system. The lamps can be plugged into an outlet or wired into the system.
Coil UV lights shine on the surface of the coil, which condenses moisture and removes it from the air when the AC runs. The coil’s surface is wet, so it collects pet dander, dirt and other pollutants as air passes over it. This is a perfect breeding ground for mold or bacteria to grow and then disperse throughout your home in the air. High-quality UV germicidal lights, like those from Carrier, kill germs, bacteria and mold, as well as keeping the coil free of pollutants.
Air UV lights are installed inside the central air system’s return air ductwork. They kill mold and germs in the air that passes through the ducts. Lamps are typically either a U-shaped or stick design. Depending on the model, air HVAC germicidal lights can be hardwired into the system, so the UV light only turns on when the blower is running.
Single Lamp or Dual Lamp; Kills 99.9% of Pollutants; Keeps Coil Clean for Optimal HVAC Performance
Kills Mold, Bacteria & 99% of Viruses; Reduces Odors, Particulate, Smoke and VOCs in the Air
by Karess Carter - 1/31/2020
Do you know how well YOUR furnace is working? Mine was fine. It heated the house. We were warm. All was good.
I had Aspen Aire come just for a service check. I knew my furnace was older because it came with the house and we’ve lived there for 13 years. We were prepared that eventually it would stop working and we would need to replace it. But it couldn’t hurt to have a check up.
Until the day we got the news that our furnace was leaking a lot of carbon monoxide into our house. No, I didn’t have a detector in my house. We were advised to immediately make plans to replace our furnace. And sleep with the furnace off. And get a carbon monoxide detector that night. Can you imagine the fear we were riddled with?
I have no idea how long this has been going on. What I do know, is that I haven’t felt ‘good’ in an extremely long time. From headaches, to being dizzy and nauseous, I have felt off for months. (I mean seriously I can’t remember the last time I felt good.) But the headaches have just been out of control for the last year. My daughter has been a different person as well. Our whole house has been out of whack. I can’t say that this is the root of it all, but I can speculate.
When we got the news, Aspen Aire was there for us. They also found that our hot water heater was leaking and it was time to replace that. So we found all of this out on Wednesday, and today they are at my house. Right now we are installing a new furnace, AC unit and hot water unit. It’s money we hadn’t planned on spending right now, but I look at it like it’s an investment in our home and our health.
If we decide to sell our house, these upgrades will be important to a potential buyer. But I think the peace of mind knowing we will wake up in the morning is all I need. This was a huge wake up call for my family.
It really is worth it to get your furnace checked. A simple service check up from Aspen Aire could give you peace of mind, and maybe even end up saving a life. People die from carbon monoxide poisoning. I just feel lucky that it wasn’t my family.
Testimonial provided by kioa.com
by Karess Carter - 1/31/2020
Des Moines, Iowa